What are the problems that enterprise information management (EIM) can help solve?
The main benefit of enterprise information management is the creation of a systematic and responsive management of data organization with heightened power for the creation of information, expression, delivery, and utilization for various organizations. EIM can supply and maintain information of an enterprise business in a way that is protected, easily accessed, significant, precise and convenient.
EIM can also supply advantages in the following aspects:
Management of Information
Improved success of data utilized for business planning and execution via:
- A unified, cross-program perspective of subject areas or data domains for the enterprise.
- A complete view of the life-cycle of enterprise data that backs up strategies for business and a more intensive understanding of these areas of expertise and their dealings.
- Recorded enterprise information that heightens the understanding of the data currently accessible for decisions influenced by data, along with its position and visibility.
Quick Organizational Adjustments
The adaptability and capacity required to meet the demands of an active market via:
- An enterprise data model that creates the structure of every data initiative implemented and allows for growth based on requirements in the near future.
- A reachable technical structure for the enterprise that has been created to increase and conform to constantly changing conditions.
- Sustenance for unstructured data, prompting more complete knowledge for the management of the organization and its clients.
- Recyclable elements that can be strengthened to decrease the amount of time to promote and advertise for new functionality.
Quality of Data
Improved precision and stability of information circulated among consumers both inside and outside of the organization through the following:
- Secured sources of data that terminate views of data using specific programs and data excess, including the disorder of data location.
- Stable rules for connecting and collection of data for business.
- Publicized schedule for data refreshment derived from an understanding of the needs of users.
- Coherent directions for assurance of quality, reliability and freehold of data receipt processes and distribution.
- Recognized authority for and freehold of data so as to support stable data definitions throughout the enterprise.
The protection against abuse of organizational data via:
- Systematized policies for the control and declaration of information that adheres with requirements for regulation and privacy.
- A secured infrastructure created to confirm the single recognizable information is contained within a protected area.
- Audit follows and limits that verify a uniform depiction to date users of information.
- Strategies for disaster recovery to avoid the loss of critical enterprise assets.
- An architectural plan for data that verifies the adequate performance of delivery mechanisms of information.
Improved efficiency of operations via:
- A stabilized architecture for data that has been optimized for the distribution of enterprise information, lowering the amount of time that users have to use while trying to acquire data and eradicating the usage of systems that were never devised for the delivery of information.
- Tools that can easily be used to lower the reliance on technical stuff to access data and eradicate the duplication of resources for personnel working in the organization.
- The execution of policies that are technologically advanced for referencing and merging data from business applications, which can be used to terminate countless repetitive efforts that are currently in motion.
- A technical architecture that understands and supports enterprise dependencies, reducing the time-consuming activities involved in planning, operating and maintaining complex applications.
Organizations can effectuate various advantages by accommodating an initiative for enterprise information management. Developments in the quality of data, information management, process efficiency, security, and organizational agility are only some areas that can reap the benefits of EIM.
This isn’t a sign that all functioning areas of the components of an EIM framework should automatically get adopted in order to get the benefits. Organizations can start acquiring some of them by creating a strategy for EIM and a plan on focusing on aspects that can give a direct impact on business that are technically feasible.